The ASV sponsors a limited number of travel awards to defray travel costs to the annual meeting. The deadline for submission of all travel grant applications is February 1, 2013.
All ASV 2013 travel grant applications must be completed and submitted electronically.
The following types of travel grant applications are available:
- Student Travel Grant Application
- Postdoctoral Fellow Travel Grant Application
- Teachers of Undergraduate Students Travel Grant Application
- Medical Virology Club Travel Grant Application
- Scientists from Latin America Travel Grant Application
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Before you can submit your online travel grant application, you must do the following:
- Submit an abstract for presentation at the 2013 ASV annual meeting. The ASV 2013 Abstract Submission page will open online via this website in mid-November and close on February 1, 2013. Upon final submission and acceptance of your abstract, you will immediately receive a confirmation number for that abstract.
- You will need that confirmation number to submit a Travel Grant Application.
- The Travel Grant Application link (above) will ask you for your abstract confirmation number, and will also ask you to “Paste” an exact copy of the electronically submitted abstract (including all authors) into the travel grant application form.
- You must obtain permission from a current (dues paid for 2013) full member of ASV who agrees to be listed as the sponsor for your travel grant application. Once you have obtained such permission, you may then list that full member’s name, institution affiliation, and address on the application. (Note: Teachers of undergraduate students who are submitting travel grant applications in this category do not have to submit abstracts or obtain sponsorship permission from full ASV members for travel grant consideration.)
Please review your application carefully before final submission. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered for funding. You must use the online application procedure; no applications will be accepted by mail or fax.
New — IMPORTANT CHANGE!
Starting this year, the first author of an abstract requesting an oral presentation will be required to register for attendance at the ASV meeting by no later than March 25, 2013. Failure to register for the ASV meeting by this deadline will result in withdrawal of the abstract from the program.
Note: All travel award applicants will be notified by email of their award result by March 25, 2013, from the ASV secretary-treasurer’s office. If a notice is not received by then, contact the ASV secretary-treasurer’s office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grant award checks can be picked up by recipients during the on-site ASV 2013 registration process at Penn State, beginning on Saturday morning. You may be asked to show personal ID before being issued your award.
Please contact the office of ASV Secretary-Treasurer Dorothea L. Sawicki, PhD, by email at email@example.com, or by telephone at 419-383-5173, if you require additional information or assistance concerning travel awards.